Information on this page is sourced from the CDC website. In the event of a discrepancy between the information at Covidexpresscare.com and the CDC website, please follow CDC’s guidance. * Free COVID-19 testing is available to patients ages 3+. Patients will not receive a bill from Express Care Enterprises dba Covid Express, Complete Express Care, and It’s Healthcare Affiliates or any lab partner. If you receive a Diagnostic Test and have insurance, you will be asked to show your insurance card at the appointment and the lab may bill your insurer. State and federal programs may also provide no-cost testing in your area.
1. Test results turnaround time is based on when the sample arrives at the laboratory. Test results for travel purposes cannot be guaranteed in time for travel. Please allow for a minimum of 48 hours from the day you were tested to receive your PCR lab test results. Patients will be notified of their result via email.
2. These tests measure current viral infection and help determine if an individual is actively infected with COVID-19 and can spread it to others. A follow-up diagnostic test may be required to confirm a positive result.
3. In the USA, this test has not been FDA cleared or approved; this test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories; use by laboratories certified under the CLIA, 42 U.S.C. §263a, that meet requirements to perform moderate, high or waived complexity tests and at the Point of Care (POC), i.e., in patient care settings operating under a CLIA Certificate of Waiver, Certificate of Compliance, or Certificate of Accreditation. This test has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and, in the USA, this test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of the virus that causes COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
4. A negative result does not rule out SARS-co-V-2 (COVID-19) and should not be the sole basis for notifying an individual about their infection status. A positive may be a false positive because it picks up other strains of the Coronavirus that you are immune to that can cause common cold symptoms.
5. “Positive Test Results – SARS-CoV-2 antigen present; does not rule out coinfection with other pathogens. Negative Test Results – Negative results are presumptive. Negative test results do not preclude infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other patient management decisions, including infection control decisions, particularly in the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or in those who have been in contact with the virus. It is recommended that these results be confirmed by a molecular testing method, if necessary for patient management. Invalid Test – If the test is invalid the BD Veritor Plus System Analyzer will display a “CONTROL INVALID” result and the test or control must then be repeated.”
6. The BD Veritor System for Rapid Detection of SARS-COV-2 Letter or Authorization, along with the authorized Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers, the authorized Fact Sheet for Patients and authorized labeling are available on the FDA website: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices